‘Archive 81’ – Official Trailer – Netflix
An archivist takes a job restoring damaged videotapes and gets pulled into the vortex of a mystery involving the missing director and a demonic cult.
As a video archivist investigates the secrets behind a mysterious fire, he becomes convinced he can save a young woman from the terrifying fate she met 25 years ago. A new supernatural thriller comes to Netflix on January 14th. Rewind to reveal the truth.
Watch Archive 81, only on Netflix: https://www.netflix.com/title/80232738
REWIND TO REVEAL THE TRUTH
Netflix’s new supernatural thriller series premieres on Friday, January 14th.
Quote from ARCHIVE 81 Showrunner, Executive Producer and Writer Rebecca Sonnenshine: “I’m obsessed with mystery box shows, the kind that lead us down a rabbit hole into a strange, dark world. Archive 81 is a character-driven, deeply emotional story about the nature of art, faith, and the search for identity — all wrapped up in a frayed blanket of existential dread. The show also gave this film geek the chance to unearth all sorts of forgotten media formats as found footage, which results in a unique, visually-textured story that is both beautiful and terrifying.”
Archive 81 follows archivist Dan Turner (Mamoudou Athie), who takes a job restoring a collection of damaged videotapes from 1994. Reconstructing the work of a documentary filmmaker named Melody Pendras (Dina Shihabi), he is drawn into her investigation of a dangerous cult at the Visser apartment building. As the season unfolds across these two timelines, Dan slowly finds himself obsessed with uncovering what happened to Melody. When the two characters form a mysterious connection, Dan becomes convinced he can save her from the terrifying end she met 25 years ago.
An original story loosely inspired by the popular podcast of the same name, Archive 81 is a supernatural thriller series executive produced by showrunner Rebecca Sonnenshine (The Boys, The Vampire Diaries), James Wan and Michael Clear of Atomic Monster (The Conjuring Universe film franchise and Malignant), Rebecca Thomas (Stranger Things, Limetown), Antoine Douaihy (Panic, The Good Cop) and Paul Harris Boardman (Deliver Us from Evil).
About the Series:
· Format: Drama; 8 x 1-hour episodes
· Cast / Characters: Mamoudou Athie (Dan Turner), Dina Shihabi (Melody Pendras), Martin Donovan (Virgil Davenport), Matt McGorry (Mark Higgins), Julia Chan (Annabelle Cho), Evan Jonigkeit (Samuel), Ariana Neal (Jess)
· Showrunner/Executive Producer: Rebecca Sonnenshine
· Executive Producers: James Wan and Michael Clear of Atomic Monster, Rebecca Thomas, Antoine Douaihy, Paul Harris Boardman
· Co-Executive Producers: Rob Hackett of Atomic Monster, Evan Bleiweiss, Michael Narducci
· Co-Producers: Daniel Powell and Marc Sollinger (creators of the original Archive 81 podcast)
· Directors: Rebecca Thomas (101- 102, 107-108), Justin Benson & Aaron Moorhead (103-104), Haifaa Al Mansour (105-106)
· Writers: Rebecca Sonnenshine (101 -102, 107), Paul Harris Boardman (101), Michael Narducci (103, 108), Evan Bleiweiss (104, 108), Bobak Esfarjani (105), Helen Leigh (106)
· Filmed in: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and New York, New York
· Director of Photography: Julie Kirkwood (101-102), Bobby Bukowski (103-104, 107-108), Nathaniel Goodman (105-106)
· Production Designer: Toni Barton
· Costume Designer: Vanessa Porter
· Head of Hair Department: Pamela May
· Head of Makeup Department: Etzel Ecleston
· Music Supervisor: Rob Lowry
· Composers: Ben Salisbury and Geoff Barrow
· Editors: Tyler Cook (101, 105), Amelia Allwarden (102, 106), Patrick Smith (103, 107), Joel Pashby (104.108)