NBC has renewed its popular alternative series “World of Dance” for a fourth season and freshman hit “America’s Got Talent: The Champions” for a second season.
“WORLD OF DANCE”
· For the 2018-19 season, “World of Dance” has averaged a 1.2 rating in adults 18-49 and 4.8 million viewers overall in “live plus seven day” Nielsens, for a gain of 33% versus NBC’s year-ago 18-49 average in the Sunday 8-10 p.m. timeslot. “World of Dance” also delivers a strong upscale audience, with a 115 index among adults 18-49 living in homes with $100K+ incomes and a 118 among adults 18-49 with four or more years of college (100 represents an average concentration of those viewers).
· “World of Dance” is also a top digital performer, generating 22% of its “live plus 35 day plus digital” 18-49 rating from nonlinear sources, the #1 biggest percentage among NBC alternative series. “World of Dance” gives dancers the platform to showcase their talents and compete for a life-altering grand prize of $1 million.
· In partnership with preeminent global dance brand World of Dance, the series brings the world’s elite dancers together to compete in epic battles of artistry, precision and athleticism. Solo dancers compete against duos and crews in an unlimited range of dance, including hip-hop, popping, locking, tap, ballet, break dancing, ballroom, stomping and more.
· Jennifer Lopez, Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas & Benny Medina executive produce “World of Dance” for Nuyorican Productions.
· The series is produced by Universal Television Alternative Studio in association with Nuyorican Productions and World of Dance.
“AMERICA’S GOT TALENT: THE CHAMPIONS”
· “America’s Got Talent: The Champions” averaged a 2.2 rating in adults 18-49 and 12.4 million viewers overall in “live plus seven day” Nielsens, making it the season’s #1 most-watched alternative series and the most-watched new alternative series on any broadcast network since the debut of “Little Big Shots” three years ago.
· “AGT: Champions” doubled NBC’s audience in the timeslot versus results from one year earlier (12.4 million viewers vs. 6.2 million).
· “America’s Got Talent: The Champions” brings together the world’s most talented, memorable and all-around fan-favorite acts from past seasons of “AGT” and around the globe from the other “Got Talent” franchises.
· The “Got Talent” format has had more than 900 million global viewers since it began airing in 2006 and has aired in 194 markets worldwide. “Got Talent” holds the Guinness World Records title as the Most Successful Reality Television Format in history, with 70 local versions produced across Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle-East, Africa and the Americas.
· “America’s Got Talent” was created by Simon Cowell and is co-produced by Fremantle and Syco Entertainment. Simon Cowell, Sam Donnelly, Jason Raff, Trish Kinane and Richard Wallace are the executive producers.