‘Vikings: Valhalla’ Is On the Way! Netflix Confirms Seasons Two and Three
Production of season two has wrapped, with the series expected to return to Netflix audiences around the world in 2023.
Jeb Stuart Returns As Creator/Showrunner/Executive Producer
Season One Climbs to #1 on the Netflix Top 10 with 113M Hours Viewed, Reaching the Top 10 in 90 countries
· Netflix has confirmed a Second and Third season of Vikings: Valhalla.
· Production of Season Two has wrapped, with the series expected to return to Netflix audiences around the world in 2023. Season Three begins production this spring. [The drama series was previously announced as a 24-episode pickup, this announcement confirms a total of three, eight-episode seasons.]
· Jeb Stuart returns as Creator/Showrunner/Executive Producer of both Season Two and Season Three.
· Sam Corlett (Leif Eriksson), Frida Gustavsson (Freydis Eriksdotter) and Leo Suter (Harald Sigurdsson), among others, will reprise their roles.
· Vikings: Valhalla Season One premiered February 25 and ranks #1 on the Netflix Top 10 for the week of 2/28 with 113.38M hours viewed, making the Top 10 in 90 countries. The series garnered 80.5M hours viewed during its first two days the week prior bringing it to an impressive 194M hours viewed in its first nine days.
Jeb Stuart, Vikings: Valhalla Creator, Showrunner, Executive Producer: “Fans of Valhalla — THANK YOU to the millions of you who have watched (and rewatched!) Season One. The numbers have been mind-boggling and beyond my wildest expectations. I’m thrilled to be able to confirm that we wrapped and are already editing Season Two and that production will start soon on Season Three. While the storylines for Leif, Freydis, Harald, Olaf, Canute and the rest of our amazing cast are secret, I can say without hesitation that their journeys will be even more epic than what you’ve seen so far. SKÅL!!!”
Peter Friedlander, Head of US/Canada Scripted Series, Netflix: “The fans have spoken and we couldn’t be more thrilled than to bring them more of the epic adventure and heart-pounding action they love. Jeb Stuart has masterfully taken this beloved saga 125 years into the future and introduced a whole new generation of Vikings and stories that have resonated with new and existing fans all over the world. There is plenty more to avenge and more battles to fight!”
Logline: Season One of VIKINGS: VALHALLA – now streaming – chronicles the heroic adventures of some of the most famous Vikings who ever lived – the legendary explorer Leif Eriksson (Sam Corlett), his fiery and headstrong sister Freydis Eriksdotter (Frida Gustavsson), and the ambitious Nordic prince Harald Sigurdsson (Leo Suter). As tensions between the Vikings and the English royals reach a bloody breaking point and as the Vikings themselves clash over their conflicting Christian and pagan beliefs, these three Vikings begin an epic journey that will take them across oceans and through battlefields, from Kattegat to England and beyond, as they fight for survival and glory.
Season Two Executive Producers: Jeb Stuart, Morgan O’Sullivan, Michael Hirst, Sheila Hockin, Steve Stark, James Flynn, John Weber, Sherry Marsh, Alan Gasmer, and Paul Buccieri
Vikings: Valhalla is based on the series Vikings created by Michael Hirst.
Studio: MGM Television
Leave a Reply