VH1’s ‘Black Ink Crew Chicago’ Set to Return on Tuesday, August 9 at 8PM ET/PT
This season follows the crew as they usher in a new era of the Chicago franchise and are learning how to navigate their altered landscape, in hopes of reaching increased heights of success.
Catch-up on iconic show moments during the Black Ink Crew Chicago Watch Party special on Tuesday, August 2 at 9PM ET/PT
NEW YORK, NY (July 18, 2022) – VH1 today announced that its hit series Black Ink Crew Chicago will make its long-awaited return on Tuesday, August 9 at 8PM ET/PT. This season follows the crew as they usher in a new era of the Chicago franchise and are learning how to navigate their altered landscape, in hopes of reaching increased heights of success. With an expanded crew back in the home of 9MAG, the team is positioned and ready for the next level and will either adapt or falter under the pressure.
Also catch the Black Ink Crew Chicago Watch Party on Tuesday, August 2 at 9PM ET/PT. The one-hour special will feature the Chicago crew for a fun and revealing gathering to discuss iconic show moments with few guest surprises along the way.
Cast this season:
· Ryan is hitting the reset button, severing old ties and bringing new opportunities. After years of self-improvement, he is entertaining the idea of finding love again. Ryan is focused on the expansion of 9MAG and the elevation of his brand. However, in an unexpected turn, he is forced to make an unthinkable decision.
· Don is an entrepreneur, budding actor, renowned bodybuilder, and a family man, who has reached a whole new level of success. As the journey towards fame and fortune continues, he will have to work to balance his time-consuming business ventures and his family responsibilities.
· Phor is experiencing the challenges of co-parenting as a new father. He believes his days of finding true love are ahead of him and he is exploring his options, while still grinding away in the music scene and tapping into new business ventures.
· Miss Kitty is making the best of her time in Chicago by pursuing some new goals, with a project in London while doubling down on her tattoo apprenticeship in the states.
· After bringing home the victory for the Chi-town team in the Tri-City Tattoo Battle, Draya is reconsidering leaving Chicago and open to joining 9MAG, under Ryan’s leadership. Forever in search of belonging, she discovers she may have a potential sister, which leads her into a journey of finding a family she never knew about.
· Prince is taking his talents from 2nd City Ink to 9MAG and working hard to ensure this big move is a successful one, while guiding his son and his nephew towards the right path.
Join the conversation using #BlackInkCHI and follow the official Black Ink Crew accounts on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and TikTok. Catch-up on previous seasons and exclusive content on Paramount+, Pluto TV, the official series page, and the VH1 App.
Black Ink Crew Chicago from MTV Entertainment Studios is executive produced by Daniel Blau Rogge, Phakiso Collins, Treiva Williams, Melanie C Lodge and Steve Kaufman. Aderemi Abioye serves as co-executive producer. Black Ink Crew Chicago Watch Party is executive produced by Melissa Casasnovas. Herbert Celi serves as Senior Producer.
About MTV Entertainment Group:
MTV Entertainment Group is one of the preeminent youth media companies in the world that connects with global audiences through its nine iconic brands – MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, CMT, Pop, Logo, Smithsonian Channel, Paramount Network and TV Land – as well as MTV Entertainment Studios which produces acclaimed series and movies and the award-winning, Oscar nominated MTV Documentary Films