The new and highly-anticipated PUNKY BREWSTER series will premiere on Peacock on Thursday, February 25
WWE Superstars Alexa Bliss and Charlotte Flair are set to guest star on an episode of Peacock’s PUNKY BREWSTER, from UCP and Universal Television, divisions of Universal Studio Group.
· In the episode, Punky (Soleil Moon Frye) takes Izzy (Quinn Copeland) to meet two of her favorite WWE Superstars.
· Beginning this March, Peacock will be the new home of WWE Network.
· Alexa Bliss has been an athlete her entire life, having previously competed in gymnastics, softball, cheerleading and as a professional bodybuilder. Despite being only five feet tall, Bliss is a multi-time WWE Women’s Champion and a former WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion.
· Charlotte Flair is the most decorated female athlete in WWE history and is carrying on the legacy of her legendary father, “Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Wooing the WWE Universe with her athleticism, Flair is already one of the greatest female Superstars of all time.
· In this continuation of the iconic 80s sitcom about a bright young girl raised by a foster dad, Punky is now a single mother of three trying to get her life back on track when she meets Izzy, a young girl in the foster system who reminds Punky a lot of her younger self.
· PUNKY BREWSTER is written and executive produced by Steve and Jim Armogida (“School of Rock,” “Grounded For Life”). Frye serves as executive producer alongside original series creator David Duclon (“Punky Brewster,” “Family Matters,” “Silver Spoons”) and Emmy-winning producer Jimmy Fox (“The Arrangement,” “United Shades of America”) of Main Event Media, an All3Media America company. Emmy-nominated director Jonathan Judge (“Life In Pieces”) will direct and executive produce the pilot.
· Soleil Moon Frye (Punky) and Cherie Johnson (Cherie) will reprise their original roles. The series also stars Freddie Prinze Jr. (Travis, Punky’s ex-husband), Quinn Copeland (Izzy), Noah Cottrell (Diego), Oliver De Los Santos (Daniel), and Lauren Lindsey Donzis (Hannah).