NBC to Premiere New Social Experiment Series ‘Home Sweet Home’ from Creator Ava DuVernay, ARRAY Filmworks and Warner Horizon Unscripted Television on Friday, Oct. 15 at 8 p.m. ET/PT
Each episode will follow two families from completely different walks of life as they accept the challenge to explore a world unlike their own.
Ever wonder what food your neighbor has in their refrigerator? What shows are cued up on their DVR? Are their closets on trend? NBC will pull back the curtain on 18 families from varying backgrounds with the new unscripted family social experiment series “Home Sweet Home,” debuting on Friday, Oct. 15 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
· From Emmy Award-winning and Academy Award-nominated creator Ava DuVernay, ARRAY Filmworks and Warner Horizon Unscripted Television, each episode will follow two families from completely different walks of life as they accept the challenge to explore a world unlike their own. At the end of each hourlong episode, the two families reunite to share their eye-opening and life-changing experiences.
· Ava DuVernay is the series creator and serves as the executive producer, along with Paul Garnes of ARRAY Filmworks.
· “I am thrilled that my first series with NBC is one that can be enjoyed by the entire family,” said DuVernay. “With ‘Home Sweet Home,’ my hope is that audiences will find understanding, perspective and appreciation for not only the families featured on the show but with their neighbors in real life. The team at ARRAY Filmworks and I strive to amplify different voices, cultures, and experiences in all the work we do, and this social experiment does just that. Thank you to our partners at NBC and Warner Horizon Unscripted Television for embarking on this journey with us.”
· Winner of BAFTA, Peabody and Emmy Awards, Academy Award nominee Ava DuVernay’s directorial work includes the Oscar-winning civil rights drama “Selma,” the Oscar-nominated social justice documentary “13th” and the Disney children’s adventure “A Wrinkle in Time,” which made her the highest-grossing Black woman director in American box office history. In 2019, DuVernay created, wrote, produced, and directed the Emmy Award-winning limited series “When They See Us”. Her production entity ARRAY Filmworks currently produces “Queen Sugar,” “Cherish the Day,” “Colin in Black & White,” “Naomi,” “DMZ,” “One Perfect Shot” and “Wings of Fire.”
· “Home Sweet Home” is produced by Warner Bros. Unscripted Television in association with Warner Horizon and ARRAY Filmworks.