MTV Continues Expansion of Global Franchise ‘Ex on the Beach’ with ‘Ex on the Beach Couples’ Premiering Thursday, February 9th at 9PM ET/PT
The series follows six couples ready to get engaged but there is one thing holding them back from taking that next big step – their ever-present, ever-lingering ex.
Relationship expert Kamie Crawford is set to host the series that follows six couples -and their exes- as they decide to propose or go their separate ways. Before they say yes, can they get over their ex?
MTV today announced the global franchise Ex on The Beach is expanding with Ex On The Beach Couples, with relationship expert and TV host Kamie Crawford, and will premiere in the U.S. on Thursday, February 9, 2023 at 9PM ET, following Jersey Shore Family Vacation. The series will premiere internationally in more than 170 countries beginning Thursday, February 16.
The series follows six couples ready to get engaged but there is one thing holding them back from taking that next big step – their ever-present, ever-lingering EX. Through a series of intense challenges to their relationship and strength building exercises, the couples will decide if they can finally move on from their ex and achieve their happily ever after. In a dramatic finale the couples will choose to make the ultimate commitment to their partner and get engaged or split up and go their separate ways forever.
Meet the Cast:
· Ben (AUS) + Jade (AUS)
· Ben is a motivated business owner with many goals for his future, including to take his serious relationship with Jade to the next level, get engaged and prove that he will be a devoted man to her. The pair have already started saving for a house and have been talking about starting a family together. However, Jade’s jealousy about Ben’s most recent ex Kellie has thrown a major wrench in their relationship.
· Jamie (UK) + Thailah (UK)
· Jamie, aka J Dragon, first met fellow DJ Thailah at a party and instantly knew she was the one. Their relationship became intense quickly and they eventually moved in with one another. While everything was seemingly on a high note, Jamie then asked Thailah to be in an open relationship. That decision brought up a lot of jealousy because Jamie thinks that Thailah is too flirtatious. Charlie, Thailah’s ex, doesn’t believe that she wants to be in an open relationship and hopes to be the one that saves the day for Thailah.
· Jake (AUS) + Holly (AUS)
· Ever since Holly met Jake in 2018, she’s been there through all the ups and downs after his near-death motorcycle accident. Four years into their relationship, Holly feels frustrated that Jake still won’t talk about taking the next step. She attributes Jake’s resistance to his past relationship with his ex-Pala.Holly has shown how committed she is to Jake and needs him to show his commitment to her by healing the wounds of his previous relationship.
· Liam (UK) + Leylah (UK)
· Liam is a serious and dedicated boxer and spends most of his time training and prepping for his fights. When he’s not in the ring he’s thinking about putting a ring on Leylah’s finger but their relationship can’t seem to progress to the next level because Liam thinks Leylah still has feelings for her ex, Samura. Liam is heading to the beach to show Leylah that Samura is the wrong man and that Liam is truly the one for her.
· Sorinn (USA) + Lola (USA)
· Sorinn is an artist who found his muse in Lola but jealousy and insecurity has prevented him from making the ultimate commitment to her. Lola’s past relationship with her ex Christopher is a huge cause of these issues which are compounded by Sorinn’s struggle to talk about it. With Christopher in the villa, hopefully Sorrin can put his insecurities at ease and start his picture-perfect future with Lola.
· Spari (USA) + Shayla (USA)
· Spari is an up-and-coming music producer who often finds himself collaborating with other artists and producers. When he met Shayla, he instantly knew she was the one and was ready to get engaged. However, the one thing holding them back is Spari’s relationship with his ex-girlfriend Ri. Although their relationship ended, Ri is a musician and the two have continued to work together, which has caused some serious trust issues between Shayla and Spari. Spari wants to prove the relationship is strictly professional and move on with Shayla as his future wife.
Previous seasons of Ex on the Beach are available to stream on Paramount+ and follow Ex on The Beach Couples across social at @ExOnTheBeach, and use #EOTB to join the conversation!
Ex On The Beach Couples is based on a format by Entertainment One (eOne) company Whizz Kid Entertainment with ITV Netherlands producing this season. Malcolm Gerrie and Lisa Chapman serve as Executive Producers for Whizz Kid. Matt Anderson, Nate Green and Cooper Green serve as Executive Producers for Purveyors of Pop. Tara Long serves as Executive Producer for eOne. Keith Burke and Lisa Marie Tobin serve as Executive Producers. Dan Caster and Diana Morelli serve as Executive Producers for MTV. Merrick Stone serves as Co-Executive Producer for MTV. Matthew Parillo and Amy Starr as Executives in Charge of Production for MTV.
About Kamie Crawford
Kamie Crawford is a TV Host, Content Creator, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model and Former Miss Teen USA with a love for all things beauty, fashion and pop culture. Kamie has always had a passion for investigative journalism and is now putting her own “FBI” skills to the test while working alongside Nev Schulman as the co-host of MTV’s hit series, “Catfish: The TV Show.” In addition to her TV hosting credits, Crawford also hosts her own relationship advice podcast, “Relationsh*t,” which currently boosts 1.5M+ downloads.
In the 2020 elections, Kamie was heavily involved with the current Biden-Harris Administration and Stacey Abrams’ Civics for the Culture initiative getting BIPOC voters out to the polls and now acts as Voter Engagement Ambassador for the Congressional Black Caucus PAC. Most recently, she has joined forces with the California Department of Health, the Pandemic Action Network and NAACP to combat vaccine hesitancy amongst Black and Brown communities through education and social media advocacy. One of Kamie’s passions is to empower young girls and uplift the youth. She is LGBTQ+ affirming and her commitment to support marginalized groups and communities has led to her becoming an ambassador for Best Buddies.
About Paramount Media Networks & MTV Entertainment Studios
Paramount Media Networks & MTV Entertainment Studios is one of the preeminent media entities in the world that connects with global audiences through its nine iconic brands – MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, CMT, Pop, Logo, The Smithsonian Channel, Paramount Network and TV Land – and its Studios arm which produces acclaimed series and movies as well as award-winning documentaries through MTV Documentary Films.
About Purveyors of POP
Purveyors of Pop is an independent entertainment company producing cutting-edge programming across multiple platforms. Founded in 2010 by veteran Executive Producers Matt Anderson and Nate Green, POP specializes in programming at the forefront of the pop culture zeitgeist. Known for their string of hit TV series, the duo has developed and produced shows ranging from MTV’s The Ashlee Simpson Show to multiple iterations of Bravo’s Real Housewives franchise, where they have produced over 200 episodes. Under the POP banner, the outfit has produced series including Bravo’s record-breaking, thirteen-season franchise Married to Medicine (with iterations in Atlanta, Los Angeles, and Houston), Bravo’s Real Housewives of Miami and its reboot on Peacock, MTV’s hot relationship social experiment Ex On The Beach, The Julia Child Challenge on Food Network/Discovery+, and more.
Entertainment One Ltd. (eOne) is a talent-driven independent studio that specializes in the development, acquisition, production, financing, distribution and sales of entertainment content. As part of global play and entertainment company Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS), eOne’s expertise spans across film and television production and sales; production, distribution and brand management of kids and family properties; and digital content. Through its extensive reach and scale, and a deep commitment to high-quality entertainment, eOne unlocks the power and value of creativity. eOne brings to market both original and existing content, sourcing IP from Hasbro’s portfolio of 1500+ brands, and through a diversified network of creative partners and eOne companies.