Alongside the new commissions, a host of familiar faces and much loved brands will be returning to screens. These include:
- Series 5 of popular period drama, Hetty Feather (10×30′), adapted from the book by Dame Jacqueline Wilson.
- Series 3 of The Worst Witch (13×30′), a co-production with ZDFE and based on the Jill Murphy books.
- Spooky anthology series Creeped Out, a co-production with DHX Media and created and written by Bede Blake and Rob Butler, is back for a second series in 2019.
- School based comedy drama 40CC (series 8) is commissioned for 2019.
- Hit brand The Dumping Ground will return in 2019 and 2020 (series 7a and 7b) alongside the launch of a spin-off series on Instagram this year for older fans.
- Pre-school series Biggleton will continue to delight the audience in 2019 (series 2)
- Also on CBeebies, Gigglebiz returns to our screens for Justin Fletcher fans in 2019 (series 5) and Something Special (series 12) will also film in 2019.
- Vet Tales is currently filming with series 2 and Swashbuckle returns to CBeebies with series 6 in 2019
- Popular CBBC brand The Dengineers is currently in production and will return in 2019 as well (series 5).