Paramount+ Announces Travel Documentary Series ‘Sampled,’ to Premiere Tuesday, Dec. 13
Featuring artists Arlo Parks, Bas, GoldLink, Marc Rebillet, NGHTMRE and Tinashe, the series presents a visceral exploration of international cities from the viewpoint of traveling musicians on world tours, exploring Berlin, Monterrey, Amsterdam, London, Medellin and Tokyo.
Produced by MTV Entertainment Studios and 3 Ball Productions, the New Series Features the Exploration of International Cities by Touring Musicians Arlo Parks, Bas, GoldLink, Marc Rebillet, NGHTMRE and Tinashe.
Nov. 29, 2022 – Paramount+ today announced the travel documentary series SAMPLED will premiere Tuesday, Dec. 13 in the U.S. and Canada, with all six episodes available to stream exclusively on the service. The series will also be available in Latin America and the U.K. on Wednesday, Dec. 14, Australia on Thursday, Dec. 22, and Italy, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, France and South Korea in 2023.
Featuring artists Arlo Parks, Bas, GoldLink, Marc Rebillet, NGHTMRE and Tinashe, SAMPLED presents a visceral exploration of international cities from the viewpoint of traveling musicians on world tours, exploring Berlin, Monterrey, Amsterdam, London, Medellin and Tokyo. Exclusive, raw and unfiltered sides to these cities will be seen through the eyes of the musicians, as they are guided by local artisans, creatives and experts.
Official loglines for SAMPLED:
· “Anarchy in the U.K.” – Marc “Loop Daddy” Rebillet storms London with DJ and BBC host Carly Wilford. Champagne flows as they channel the rebellious energy that fuels this city as it re-emerges from years of lockdowns and political turmoil.
· “Amsterdammed” – Tinashe kicks off her European tour in Amsterdam, where she links up with local DJ and producer Cesqeaux. Together they explore the wild diversity and eclectic culture of his hometown, avoiding the stereotypical spots for a more real, raw experience.
· “Tokyo Calling” – Amidst her first international headline tour, Arlo Parks finds herself in the deep cultural waters of Tokyo. Guided by local DJ Sarasa, she’s immersed in the blend of old and new that makes the city such a beautiful enigma.
· “Mi Gente” – Bas and the “Dreamville” crew stop for a long layover in Medellin, where prolific singer-songwriter Vince “Vibarco” Jimenez takes them on a deeply personal ride through the vibrant and colorful culture that has flourished in the post-narco era.
· “El Corrido de Monterrey” – EDM prodigy NGHTMRE meets up with long-time friend and fellow DJ, Americo Garcia, aka Boombox Cartel, in his hometown Monterrey. Together they set out on a taco-fueled 48 hours in one of Mexico’s most underrated cities.
· “Born to Die in Berlin” – Rapper GoldLink heads to Berlin for his first show in two years. Local journalist and creative Cloudy Zakrocki shows him an unexpected side to the city as they explore its culture of transformation.
SAMPLED is executive produced by Bruce Gillmer and Amanda Culkowski for MTV Entertainment Studios and Ross Weintraub, Jeff Altrock, Reinout Oerlemans, David Casey, Matt Marenyi and Tyler Marenyi for 3BMG’s 3 Ball Productions.
Paramount+ combines live sports, breaking news and a mountain of entertainment. The premium streaming service features an expansive library of original series, hit shows and popular movies across every genre from world-renowned brands and production studios, including BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount Pictures and the Smithsonian Channel. The service is also the streaming home to unmatched sports programming, including every CBS Sports event, from golf to football to basketball and more, plus exclusive streaming rights for major sports properties, including some of the world’s biggest and most popular soccer leagues. Paramount+ also enables subscribers to stream local CBS stations live across the U.S. in addition to the ability to stream other live channels: CBSN for 24/7 news, CBS Sports HQ for sports news and analysis and ET Live for entertainment coverage. For more information about Paramount+, please visit www.paramountplus.com and follow @ParamountPlus on all social platforms.
About Paramount Media Networks & MTV Entertainment Studios
Paramount Media Networks & MTV Entertainment Studios is one of the preeminent media entities in the world that connects with global audiences through its nine iconic brands – MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, CMT, Pop, Logo, The Smithsonian Channel, Paramount Network and TV Land – and its Studios arm which produces acclaimed series and movies as well as award-winning documentaries through MTV Documentary Films.
About 3 Ball Productions
Part of 3BMG, 3 Ball Productions is a renowned producer of reality and non-fiction programming for broadcast, cable and streaming. In addition to Sampled, 3 Ball Productions’ series include “Bar Rescue,” “Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend,” “Come Dance with Me,” “Tampa Baes,” and “My Cat from Hell,” as well as the upcoming Calle y Poché docuseries and a range of other unscripted projects in development and production for various networks and platforms. 3 Ball also produced the first 11 seasons of the seminal series “The Biggest Loser,” “Extreme Weight Loss” and the long-running “Beauty and the Geek.